Always fancied an adventure race, but don’t want to get stuck up a creek with no idea how to paddle?
The Kjerag.com website has announced details of two adventure training weeks at the Plas-y-Brenin outdoor centre in Snowdonia. The centre has launched the scheme after planned courses were cancelled due to foot and mouth.
The courses include:
* Kayaking and open boat paddling using a variety of boats.
* Abseiling and essential ropework skills – using a range of the type of technical abseiling devices you could come across.
* Navigation by map and compass – during night and day.
* The basics of mountain first aid and emergency procedures.
* The principles and practice of lightweight camping.
The courses cost a special “break-even” cost of £250 inclusive of full board and equipment.
If you want more details on this great offer paddle over to the Plas-y-Brenin website