Thanks to Kjerag.com for the tip off on this one.
And now over to the Cannondale
A Downhill and freeride camp for women only will be hold between July 13 and 15 in Sansepolcro, Italy. The goal of this event is to help the participants achieve a higher level of control and command of their handling and riding ability especially in downhill and technical single track, and of course, to bring more women closer to MTB downhill: this spectacular and fun sport. Thrills are guaranteed by the spirit in which the event is being organised and by the fact that the 20 participants will by using Cannondale Jekyll chain gang bikes with Lefty carbon forks. All the Jekylls will be personally fit for all. Participants and adjustments in geometry will be made thanks to the help of the first Cannondale Store in the world in Sansepolcro, Italy.
The basic program will be as follows:
Friday July 13th , meet at Cannondale Store in Sansepolcro (Arezzo) Italy Via Santa Croce. Fit and adjustments of the Jekylls for each participant, technical lessons on the basics for MTB, shake down of the bike and demo of the basic technical aspects of the bike.
Saturday July 14th: easy downhill and single track returning to top with van; afternoon technical downhill on short sections filmed on video, evening looking and discussing videos with party for ladies only.
Sunday July 16th: Short but intense climb followed by downhill and single track of medium difficulty with return trip by van; afternoon downhill of medium/hard level again with trip back up by van.
– Giovanna Bonazzi 2 time world champion will be the instructor of the event.
– The number of participants will be limited to 20.
– Participants will be required the wear protective gear (back elbow knee) and an integral helmet during the event (prevention is better then treatment)
– Instructions and rules: Leonardracing or at 00390575 740550
– The event is free
* Cannonndale Jekyll Chain gang bikes will be used for the 3 days
* Enthusiasm is required!!
* Sign up deadline June 30th.