Burry Stander (Specialized) registered the second World Cup of his career after extreme heat decimated the race in Windham, New York.
Stander cross the line 17 seconds ahead of Sergio Mantecon Gutierrez (Wildwolf-Trek Pro Racing), with Marco Aurelio Fontana (Cannondale Facjust edging Todd Wells for third.
Nino Schurter (Scott-Swisspower), who was not racing in the United States, continues to lead the overall World Cup standings on 950 points, although Stander closed the gap to just 12 points. Defending champion Jaroslav Kulhavy (Specialized) is third on 785 points.
Meanwhile, Georgia Gould was denied victory by a late puncture. The Luna Pro Team rider had to settle for third after being passed by team-mates Catharine Pendrel and Katerina Nash.
Pendrel has a commanding lead in the overall standing on 1190 points, with Nash second on 859 points and Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (Multivan Merida) third on 798 points.
1. Burry STANDER (RSA) 1:38:09
2. Sergio MANTECON GUTIERREZ (ESP) +0:17
3. Marco Aurelio FONTANA (ITA) +0:31
4. Todd WELLS (USA) +0:34
5. Mathias FLÜCKIGER (SUI) +0:49
6. Florian VOGEL (SUI) +1:08
7. Max PLAXTON (CAN) +1:22
8. Geoff KABUSH (CAN) +1:27
9. Moritz MILATZ (GER) +1:36
10. Samuel SCHULTZ (USA) +1:39
1. Catharine PENDREL (CAN) 1:37:53
2. Katerina NASH (CZE) +0:01
3. Georgia GOULD (USA) +0:10
4. Marie-Helene PREMONT (CAN) +1:03
5. Lea DAVISON (USA) +1:50
6. Alexandra ENGEN (SWE) +2:17
7. Gunn-Rita DAHLE FLESJAA (NOR) +2:23
8. Irina KALENTIEVA (RUS) +2:47
9. Annie LAST (GBR) +3:03
10. Katrin LEUMANN (SUI) +4:12