With the clocks going forward just recently, it’s a good indication of the impending ‘season’, with enduros and XC races starting to populate the calendar. This weekend sees the beginning of the SouthernXC series, heading for its first round at Mapledurham, near Reading on 6 April.
The event marks the first of six races, and with sponsorship from Felt Bicycles and Pedal On, the organisers are keen to use this injection of cash resulting in a professionally run series.
Henry Turgoose from the organising team commented: “The help we’re getting from Pedal On and Felt Bikes is helping us deliver a more professionally organised series. We’ve been working hard on developing the courses to offer fast and fun racing for everyone, from elite riders to beginners and under 10-year-olds.”
More details and online entry at www.southernxc.net. For those still into Facebook, a group has been setup to provide more information.
- 6 April Mapledurham, near Reading, Berks
- 27 April Deers Leap Country Park, East Grinstead, West Sussex
- 18 May Crow Hill, Ringwood, Hants
- 1 June Erlestoke Near Devizes, Wiltshire
- 6 July (Sthn Champs) Chawton Park Wood, Alton, Hants
- 21 Sept Oxney Moss, Bordon, Hants