Regular users of BM will be aware of the forum, a popular place to chat about bike parts, discuss where to ride upon a weekend, and generally air any rants, whether bike related or not.
The tech team behind BM has been busy working on several updates to the forum, which are going live as we type these very words. All the actual updates are outlined below.
- It’s easier than ever to insert photos into forum posts – now you can browse your gallery, or upload straight from your computer
- Quoting function – click the quote button under a message to copy it, and click the quote button above the add-message box to paste it into your message
- ‘Ignore member’ function (surely not needed on BM…)
- The threads-listing page now shows number of views, the name of the last poster, and a quick link to the last post for every thread
- A new private messaging system to replace the ‘email member’ function. We’d appreciate your feedback about this
- A new forum notifications option – instead of sending an email per forum reply, we send one email per thread until you visit the thread again.
- Among other smaller changes, there’s now a ‘status’ field on your My Profile page (‘I’m bored’, ‘I’m off to Egypt’ etc), which also displays by your forum posts if people view your stats vertically; and there’s also a new link to an external-bookmarking popup at the bottom of each thread, for easy addition of threads to Digg, Google Bookmarks etcFor more help the Forum Help Guide outlines how to use the many functions of the forum.