Back for its fifth year, the Big Welsh Weekend mountain biking festival once again sets up camp in Margam Park, South Wales, for a packed weekend of riding, racing, camping and entertainment for all the family on 30/31 May.
The racing opens with the third round of the British XC Series where 300 riders are expected to do battle and generally clash handlebars a lot with reigning National Champions Jenny Copnall and Liam Killeen and Beijing Olympian Oli Beckingsale looking for wins.
Away from the lactic acid and adrenalin fuelled racing, there’s also going to be relaxed led rides around Margam Park and into nearby Afan and Glyncorwg, taking in the man-made trails there.
Sunday dawns with the Trek British Marathon Championships. Take your pick from one to four laps of the 25km course that will decide the 2009 Trek British Marathon Champion.
There’s free racing for under 12-year-olds, there’s entertainment to keep non-riding members of the family happy too with an adventure playground, Castle, Go-Ape course, Farm Trail and much more.
Included in the weekend pass is the following:
– Camping and Parking from Friday onwards with hot showers, toilets, water, catering available
– Entry to Margam Park and its attractions
– Access to watch all the international race action and enjoy the event trade stands
– Led ride programme within Margam Park on the Friday/Saturday
– Entry into the Trek British Marathon Championships at your chosen distance – 25/50/100k
– Saturday evening roller racing action and £1 pasta party
– Finishers Memento
– Well stocked feed/water stations on Marathon Route
– First Aid
Head to www.bigwelshweekend.com to book now