* Signing on will be open from 12 noon on Saturday till late and will open
again on Sunday at 8 a.m. till 9.30 a.m.
* Race will be started at 10.00 am on Sunday 2nd July at the Royal Welsh
Show Ground Builth Wells – racers have to be ready to line up 30 minutes
prior to the race start.
* Race will have a mass start. All categories will start together except
the fun ride. BCF license holders will be gridded.
* Race number will be given out at signing on and they have to be visibly
attached to the handlebars. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure
their number is clearly legible when passing control points.
* The first 4-km will be neutral, led out by a police escort, or race
official. No overtaking is allowed till official race flag from the pace
* Do not leave the course until you have either signed off at the
show-ground or you have informed a marshal or other official by ensuring
that they make a note of your race number.
* The route will be way marked with red arrows. It is essential that you
stay on the marked route at all times as there is a risk of unexploded
ordinance, plus the possibility of straying onto bridle ways and footpaths.
You must also be aware of the dangers of traffic when crossing minor roads
and B roads, which will be marked with danger signs, you may also encounter
oncoming traffic at any time during the race. Normal traffic rules and
regulations apply at all times.
* The route will be marshaled and St. John’s ambulance will also be
present. Riders, as well as spectators, have to follow marshals and
ambulance instructions at any time prior, during and after the race.
* There will be feed stations along the way, but it will also be necessary
to carry food, water, waterproofs and repair kits. Four feeding stations
will be in place at roughly 15km, 46km 65km and 80km. Those stations will
hold PowerBars, Bananas, water and energy drinks. There will be a cut off
point at roughly 85km. Riders who are not able to pass that point before
5.30p.m. will be taken out of the race for safety reasons and will be
directed over a direct way straight back to the show-ground.
* Sections of special risk are marked and have to be ridden with special care.
* Every rider is obliged to help if other riders are in trouble.
* It will not be possible to pre ride the course at any time or ride the
course at any time after the race as the course runs over M.O.D. and
private land. Only competitors are allowed on the course.
* There will be designated areas for spectators during the race.
* Everyone is requested not to leave any rubbish on the course or on the
show-ground. There are designated areas for disposing rubbish, which have
to be used without failure.
* A helmet must be worn at all time during the race, and whilst warming up.
* Protests must be lodged within 1 hour after finishing the race.
* Only 26inch wheel mountain bikes are allowed on the course. Every rider
is responsible for the perfect technical condition of her/his own bike.
* Last instructions will be given on a verbal briefing on Sunday morning.
Please listen out to announcements.
* The organizers can not be held responsible for the lost of, or damage
to, of any personal belongings.
* There will be free live music and a ”pasta party” on Saturday evening.
* Camping will be available on the Royal Welsh Show Ground.