The Brixton Cycles Beastway MTB Series continues apace and last week round nine saw regular competitors continue their battle for the overall title.
Held at the purpose built cycle facility, Redbridge Cycle Centre in east London, round nine was dominated by the young Billy Joe Whenman, who set a pace that few could match.
Closest challenger was junior Hugo Humphreys, but he soon fell back into the clutches of week eight winner Matthew Webber and sport rider Adam French.
The women’s race saw Leona Kadir move clear from a fantastic fight being conducted by Delia Beddis, Claire Beaumont and Isobel Cashman, the latter having to fend off a challenge by Sarah-Anne Keenan and Abigail Armstrong as she drew closer to Beaumont.
With mountain bike equipped Kadir safely in the lead, cross riders Beddis and Beaumont jostled for position and the order was finally settled when Beddis went ahead to claim second.
Sport men was clearly won by Adam French ahead of Tim Mason and Mark Russell.
The youth races were as ever full of action and close racing and the Youth A’s went to Josh Parkin winning by not too great a margin from Sean Dunlea, Sam Judd and James Flury.
Top 10 results
- Billy Whenman EXM Whyte Bikes 7 55:13
- Hugo Humphreys JUM Mosquito/Londoncyclesport.com 7 56:35
- Matthew Webber EXM London Phoenix 7 56:52
- Adam French SPM East London Velo 7 57:47
- Ed Moesli JUM 7 58:00
- Antonius Wubben EXM 7 59:21
- Rob Purcell MAM Mountain Trax 7 59:23
- Marcus Shields MAM Ayr Roads CC 7 59:45
- Peter St.Amour MAM Addiscombe CC 7 59:57
- Paul Sheers MAM Vicious Velo 7 1:00:04