ISCHGL OVERMOUNTAIN CHALLENGE 2013
Endless trails, an awe-inspiring mountain view, fun with friends and top enduro racing action – the first IschglOvermountain Challenge at the weekend established the fastest enduro racers in Europe and defied the early winter conditions.
Throughout the summer, the trails of the Silvretta Bike Arena in the Paznaun-Ischgl region of Tirol, Austria, offer everything a mountain biker could wish for. And despite the harsh, not-so-summery conditions at the weekend, the event was the place to be for the European enduro elite and proved to be a successful test-run for next year’s official UEC Enduro Championship which will be held in Ischgl in one year’s time.
Europe’s fastest enduro riders had to manage four stages with 670 vertical meters of uphill riding and 1300m of downhill. Due to early snowfall the track had to be shortened, but remained very demanding and selective to challenge the riders and their bikes.
There were 240 participants from 17 countries, including Britain.
1. Jérôme Clementz (Cannondale Overmountain) | FRA | 20:44,56min
2. Gustav Wildhaber (Cube Action Team) | SUI | 21:07,25min
3. Nicolas Lau (Cube Action Team) | FRA | 21:12,74min
1. Ines Thoma (Canyon Factory Enduro Team) | GER | 25:38,59min
2. Pauline Dieffenthaler (Cannondale Overmountain) | FRA | 28:01,16min
3. Anita Gehrig (Specialized Twins Racing) | SUI | 28:22,12min
1. Wilfred Van de Haterd (Team Nicolai) | NED | 25:26,41
2. Peter Nilges (BIKE) | GER | 25:29,58
3. Christian Hofer | AUT | 27:33,86