If you live near Buxton, Derbyshire, you’ll be wanting to get yourself along to this weekend’s Buxton Adventure Festival as there’s plenty to see and do for mountain bikers. Talks with two-wheeled adventurers including Olympian Annie Last (read our interview with her here) through to trials displays and screenings of the latest mountain bike films should be enough to seal the deal if you’re feeling tempted.
Have a look through the cycling line-up below and make your way to the Pavilion Arts Centre, Buxton Opera House, for a great way to spend the weekend.
- 10.30am Saturday: Extreme Mountain Bike Stunt Show for Young Adventurers
- 5.30pm Saturday :The fastest woman to cycle round the world, Juliana Buhring
- 8pm Saturday: Olympic Mountain Biker Annie Last on stage talking to British Cycling’s Nik Cook, followed by UK Premiere of Anthill Films’ Arrival in a double bill with NotBad.
- 12.30pm Sunday: 3 Peaks CycloCross winner & ultra-runner Heather Dawe
- 8pm Sunday: Jason Lewis who travelled round the world by human power, including bike
The weather forecast is looking a bit gloomy – perfect for an indoor adventure! We’re really excited about the calibre of this year’s speakers and personally speaking I’m delighted there are four talks by amazing female athletes.
- Festival PR Lissa Cook
If you like the sound of these talks, films and demonstrations then head over to www.buxtonadventurefestival.co.uk