Lapierre’s all-mountain/enduro bike, the Spicy, gets updated for 2011. The winning formula that has made the 160mm bike such a hit hasn’t been radically changed, instead the company has brought in a series of revisions.
First of which is the tapered head tube up front to accept the current (and growing) crop of suspension forks with tapered steerer tubes. At the other end of the bike is a new 12x142mm axle, which coupled with the new headtube should lead to a stiffer and more direct feeling frame. Further stiffening of the frame comes via a new gusset where the top and seat tubes meet.
The top-of-the-range 916 gets a carbon fibre rear triangle along with an aluminium main triangle borrowed from the Supreme 6, so overall weight drops a tad. Spec changes include a move to double chainsets on some of the models and Fox Boost Valve shocks, CrankBrothers Joplin 4 seatposts on the 916 and lower rise and wider handlebars.
Spicy 916 spec
- FRAME Rear Carbon / Front Alloy Supreme 6 – OST 160 mm
- FORK FOX 36 TALAS RLC FIT 160 Black TAPERED
- REAR SHOCK FOX FLOAT RP2 High Volume Boost valve 216×63.5
- REAR DERAILLEUR Sram X.0 Carbon Medium Cage 10S BLACK
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Sram X.0 2x10S Direct Mount Bottom Pull
- CRANK Sram X.0 26×39 Black
- SHIFTERS Sram X.0 2×10 Speed
- CASSETTE 10S Sram PG-1070 12-36
- CHAIN Sram 10V PC1051 with Power lock
- BRAKES Formula RX1 PM180 BLK/CHAMP X.0
- WHEELS Easton Haven UST Silver 20 / 12×142
- TIRES Continental Rubber Queen UST 26×2.20
- HEADSET Alloy Semi-Integrated Cartridge Tapered + 15 carbon spacer
- HANDLEBAR Easton Haven Carbon Low Riser 711 mm
- STEM Easton Haven 31.8×70 mm
- GRIPS LP RUBBER Champagne Lock-on
- SEATPOST Crank Brothers Joplin4 with Remote
- SADDLE FIZIK Gobi XM KIUM